November 16th, 2020
In the first episode of the Mindful Wealth Podcast, Jonathan DeYoe interviews co-host Terrie Schauer about her motivation for starting the podcast. Your hosts discuss personal responsibility and levelling the playing field; female role models; ambition, success and money as a metric and, finally, what is the "good life".
Join Terrie & Jonathan for this show about wealth in its human- and social context.
Show notes / Interview Questions
- 2:10 : Terrie introduces herself & explains her background in Real Estate, academia and martial arts.
- 4:09 : The state of the Real Estate industry & how it made Terrie want to start a Podcast.
- 4:40 : Podcasting as the antidote to the twitterization of everything.
- 6:54 : Wealth & success as part of the big human picture.
- 8.40 : Definitions of wealth and success.
- 9.40 : Money as a metric. Ambition and "winning" at making money.
- 10.45 / 17:10 : What is the "good life"?
- 13:00 : Wealth creation in the context of a social fabric.
- 17.45 : Happiness & growth. Meaning as a way of confronting adversity
- 21.00 : Wealth creation & social context: levelling the playing field & personal responsibility
- 23.00 : Methodology for success.
- 28.22 / 33.05 : Role models. Lack of female mentors for success.
You can find Terrie at www.terrieschauer.com and on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Her book Mindful Landlord is available on Amazon. You can also subscribe to her weekly newsletter here.