Small choices add up. Financial planner Mike Brodsky, author of the book Incremental Improvements, tells us how the micro-decisions we live by determine our quality of life and our capacity to attain our goals.
Gaining or losing 40lbs or becoming a millionaire (without relying on the lottery) are massive achievements that take many, many small decisions that (usually) accrue over a period of years. How can we stay on track to reap the benefits of tiny virtuous increments?
Join Terrie and Jonathan for this conversation with Mike Brodsky, as they unpack the incredible power of baby-steps.
November 24th, 2020
Why do we financialize everything? Why start a podcast about success, wealth and mindfulness at the present moment? How do we define wealth?
In Episode 2 of the Mindful Wealth Podcast, Terrie interviews co-host Jonathan DeYoe. On the menu: his motivations for starting the podcast and an account of wealth, success, and "the good life" from the author of the best-selling book Mindful Money.
Jonathan K. DeYoe CPWA ® AIF ® is a 25 year veteran of the financial services world with a previous life studying comparative religion, psychology, and Buddhist phenomenology. He is an angel investor, and the author of the best-selling book, Mindful Money: Simple Practices for Realizing Your Financial Goals and Increasing Your Happiness Dividend.
He is the founder and president of Mindful Money, a firm focused on financial literacy education, personal financial planning, and investment management services.
As a keynote speaker and educator, Jonathan’s message brings a welcome sense of order to financial chaos. He wants to restore a calm center to your financial life. He is a daily exerciser and meditator and he recommends a good night’s sleep, good food, and plenty of water as a good start towards financial fitness.
November 16th, 2020
In the first episode of the Mindful Wealth Podcast, Jonathan DeYoe interviews co-host Terrie Schauer about her motivation for starting the podcast. Your hosts discuss personal responsibility and levelling the playing field; female role models; ambition, success and money as a metric and, finally, what is the "good life".
Join Terrie & Jonathan for this show about wealth in its human- and social context.
Show notes / Interview Questions
- 2:10 : Terrie introduces herself & explains her background in Real Estate, academia and martial arts.
- 4:09 : The state of the Real Estate industry & how it made Terrie want to start a Podcast.
- 4:40 : Podcasting as the antidote to the twitterization of everything.
- 6:54 : Wealth & success as part of the big human picture.
- 8.40 : Definitions of wealth and success.
- 9.40 : Money as a metric. Ambition and "winning" at making money.
- 10.45 / 17:10 : What is the "good life"?
- 13:00 : Wealth creation in the context of a social fabric.
- 17.45 : Happiness & growth. Meaning as a way of confronting adversity
- 21.00 : Wealth creation & social context: levelling the playing field & personal responsibility
- 23.00 : Methodology for success.
- 28.22 / 33.05 : Role models. Lack of female mentors for success.